Every so often my husband and I like to enjoy a glass of wine at dinner. After we finish a bottle, I always hate throwing them away. For some reason I feel guilty.. like I should be reusing them! So I decided to try to use them as vases (not very creative I know!), and I wanted to hang them on the wall in my dining room.
John and I searched Home Depot for some type of gadget or hook to hang the bottles. Ultimately this is what we found in the plumbing hardware section. It’s known as a 3/4 inch Milford type pipe hanger (I will refer to it as the “hanger”). It’s copper and about 6-7 inches long.
5 Easy Step-by-Step Instructions
I cleaned the bottles with soap and water, removed the labels and let them dry. I actually ended up spray painting my bottles with a white primer before hanging them as well, but you could always leave them as is too.
- Figure out how far you want your vase to hang from the wall. We decided that ours should hang at least 3 inches away.
- So, we bent the hanger in half (seeing how it is about 6 inches long).
- Then we loosened the screws so that the top of the wine bottle would fit through the end of the hanger.
- Squeeze the ends tightly back together and secure it with the copper screws.
- Next we screwed the hanger piece (with attached bottle) right into the wall with two screws.
Here is the final product in my dining room! I love our unique home decor. I’m not completely sold on the white bottles though… I may end up switching back to plain glass bottles after we drink some more wine ;)
What do you think of the final product? I’d love to know your thoughts!!!